Use the Flashbandit (CS-SYNC) to setup cameras that requires a sync generator. Refer to the connection diagram on the Syncing to Cameras section.
1. Set correct frame rate and format on the Lockit box 1 (see user manual for device). This should match the frame rate and format you intend to shoot at.
2. Plug the BNC-T adapter 2 into the SYNC/WORDCLOCK output of the Lockit box.
3. Connect the camera GENLOCK input 3 to the Lockit box 2 with the coaxial cable. Follow the camera instructions for setting this up.
4. Plug Flashbandit adapter 4 into the Creamsource Accessory adaptor 5.
5. Plug the Creamsource Accessory adaptor 5 into Accessories input of the Vortex8 6.
6. Connect the Flashbandit to the Lockit Box using coaxial cable – a blue light on Flashbandit should flash indicating valid signal.
7. Once sync is established, a green bar will be highlighted on the top of the status bar of the Vortex8 indicating the device is synchronised. The frame rate will also be displayed beneath the status bar.
8. Calibrate using the Flashbandit (see Calibrate Sync for details).