Firmware download and release notes, compatible with Vortex4 and Vortex8. Released 4 Jul 2022
Download Firmware File
How to update
1. Copy the file to the root level of USB drive. Only one *.sfb update file should be copied onto the drive at a time.
2. Insert USB drive into USB connector on Vortex.
3. Power up Vortex and it will automatically update to the version copied on the USB drive. This will take 1-2 minutes
4. Safely remove USB drive once the update is complete.
USB Drives need to be formatted as FAT or FAT32. If the Vortex fails to read the USB drive, please try one from a different manufacturer. Maximum drive size is 32GB
Changes from 2.0.0 to 2.0.1
- Fix an issue in V2.0.0 where very intermittent Cyan 'RDM Identify' flash was seen in some setups.
- Fixed an issue where unit might not boot correctly if connected to PC via USB cable (no implication for end user, this fix is only to improve internal factory process).
DMX Mapping Change in V1.2.0 - Multizone Modes
Versions before V1.2.0 had the Fan Channel control in the FIRST SLOT, for Multizone Modes. In V1.2.0 (and later versions) this moved to the LAST SLOT.
Make sure to use the correct DMX profiles in your console, or Multizone modes won't work correctly.