Firmware download and release notes, compatible with Vortex8. Released 15 Oct 2021
NOTE - This firmware version only works with Vortex8 units
Download Firmware File
How to update
1. Copy the file to the root level of USB drive. Only one *.sfb update file should be copied onto the drive at a time.
2. Insert USB drive into USB connector on Vortex.
3. Power up Vortex and it will automatically update to the version copied on the USB drive. This will take 1-2 minutes
4. Safely remove USB drive once the update is complete.
USB Drives need to be formatted as FAT or FAT32. If the Vortex fails to read the USB drive, please try one from a different manufacturer. Maximum drive size is 32GB
Changes from 1.2.0 to 1.2.1
- Fixed bug in Flash Frames where could flash intermittently when disabled via DMX, and may get out of sequence when DMX 'Enabled' channel was changed
- Fixed issue where effects Party, Strobe and Emergency would only update intensity at each effect transition - now can smoothly change brightness at any time
- Changed behaviour of FLASH button to same as V1.1.5 and earlier. In V1.2.0 it had changed behaviour so could not Flash OFF when light was ON
DMX Mapping Change in V1.2.0 - Multizone Modes
Versions before V1.2.0 had the Fan Channel control in the FIRST SLOT, for Multizone Modes. In V1.2.0 (and later versions) this moved to the LAST SLOT.
Make sure to use the correct DMX profiles in your console, or Multizone modes won't work correctly.