Firmware download and release notes, compatible with Vortex8. Released 17 Sep 2021
NOTE - This firmware version only works with Vortex8 units
Download Firmware File
How to update
1. Copy the file to the root level of USB drive. Only one *.sfb update file should be copied onto the drive at a time.
2. Insert USB drive into USB connector on Vortex.
3. Power up Vortex and it will automatically update to the version copied on the USB drive. This will take 1-2 minutes
4. Safely remove USB drive once the update is complete.
USB Drives need to be formatted as FAT or FAT32. If the Vortex fails to read the USB drive, please try one from a different manufacturer. Maximum drive size is 32GB
Changes from 1.1.5 to 1.2.0
- Sync Framework implemented for effects Dual Level, Flash Frames and Sync Flash. Sync the Vortex to your camera’s shutter for specialised lighting effects that are frame accurate up to 5,000fps.
- User Presets implemented with up to 50 user presets. Store, restore and clear User Presets for Effects and Colour modes. Access this from the vertical quick link button from home screen or from Menu > User Preset. Ideal for creating your own presets and shortcuts.
- sACN networking implemented. Receive DMX data over Ethernet cable using the Streaming-ACN protocol (ANSI E1.31). This is located at Link > sACN & Network Settings.
- sACN Universe from 1-63999 is available.
- Set static IP, Subnet Mask, Gateway or use DHCP mode.
- Order of priority for DMX communications: Wired DMX > sACN > CRMX > ACC
- Added 'DMX Forwarding' mode to forward incoming CRMX or sACN data out the DMX port, to control fixtures which don't have wireless or networking features. This can be enabled under "LINK->DMX Settings.
- Add 'Blackout on Startup' option (Menu > Fixture) to force unit to startup dark, until DMX received or via manual control.
- Added option to limit maximum power draw when running from Batteries, so fixture can be safely used on lower capacity batteries. Limit can be set from 100W to 650W. Change under 'Fixture Settings->Battery Power Limit'.
- Added ability to disable CRMX Bluetooth module. Grouped all CRMX functions in a subfolder under LINK menu
- Fix bug where zones could flicker at very low levels.
- Fixed small mismatch of CCT between zones, increase overall CCT accuracy.
- Added a shortcut to disabled Effects by holding down the FX shortcut button along with the option to quickly turn it off from the Effects and Colour Mode selection screen.
- Implemented dynamic placement of Status Bar Icons.
- UI Changes: The naming of Lumen Radio is now 'CRMX' in Menu System. Change all menu items to be in Title Case.
- Fixed bug where bottom half of panel (zones 5-8) were delayed by 1 DMX frame when running in Multizone DMX modes.
- Add 'Demo Multi Zone' function (Menu > Advanced).
- Restore Defaults resets brightness level to 0% instead of 100%
- If receiving CRMX / sACN data and ‘DMX Forwarding’ is enabled, fixture zones may flash briefly if switching over to Wired DMX data, or not switch over at all (due to data clash between the DMX Output and DMX Input). It is recommended to keep ‘DMX Forwarding’ disabled if you plan to hot-swap between CRMX / sACN and DMX data.
- Fixture may not respond to all network ‘Ping’ requests if using sACN with multiple universes transmitted. Bear this in mind if using ‘Ping’ to check network reliability. Note this does not affect sACN performance.
- Flash Frames Effect could flash intermittently when disabled via DMX, and may get out of sequence when DMX 'Enabled' channel is changed.
- Behaviour of FLASH button is different to V1.1.5 and earlier. In V1.2.0 it had changed behaviour so could not Flash OFF when light was ON.
DMX Mapping Change in V1.2.0 - Multizone Modes
Versions before V1.2.0 had the Fan Channel control in the FIRST SLOT, for Multizone Modes. In V1.2.0 (and later versions) this moved to the LAST SLOT.
Make sure to use the correct DMX profiles in your console, or Multizone modes won't work correctly.