Firmware download and release notes, compatible with Vortex8. Released 24 Apr 2021
NOTE - This firmware version only works with Vortex8 units
Download Firmware File
How to update
1. Copy the file to the root level of USB drive. Only one *.sfb update file should be copied onto the drive at a time.
2. Insert USB drive into USB connector on Vortex.
3. Power up Vortex and it will automatically update to the version copied on the USB drive. This will take 1-2 minutes
4. Safely remove USB drive once the update is complete.
USB Drives need to be formatted as FAT or FAT32. If the Vortex fails to read the USB drive, please try one from a different manufacturer. Maximum drive size is 32GB
Changes from 1.1.4 to 1.1.5
- Version 1.1.5 release on some units was a minor update with internal changes for production testing.
Please refer to the Vortex DMX Charts version 1.1. This can be downloaded from the Creamsource Support page along with the firmware.